Thursday, September 20, 2007

Next Stop Tabubil

Tabubil which is pronounced just as it looks, Ta-boo-bill, is the next airport I will see on this trip. I am flying in for a brief site visit to a mine in Papua New Guinea. I am leaving Brisbane this afternoon flying to Cairns where I will spend the night and catch an early morning charter to Tabubil in the morning. I will leave the site on Tuesday and return to Brisbane Wednesday afternoon.

Everybody is thankful that the trip could be organized so that it didn't overlap with Lisa's stay at all. I told the office manager here that if I wasn't in Brisbane on the 30th I was giving Lisa his address and that she wouldn't be armed but she wouldn't need to be.

So far the trip continues to be fantastic. I switched to a nicer hotel/apartment this week which is also in a different part of town for me to explore and new restaurants to try. The VP is down here as well and staying the same hotel so he has been taking me to all his favorite restaurants (and picking up the tab as well which is a nice bonus).

I don't expect to be in contact while I am away, the only internet access is dial-up and the phone lines are unreliable. If you get a chance send me an email and let me know what you are up to.

Cheers,

Rick

No comments: