Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Just a random story, just so you can point and laugh

Well, had an interesting day about a week ago. OK, so it starting innocently enough. In the morning I went to the fridge and I went to open orange juice (one with pulp) that had been in the fridge for a while (maybe 2 weeks). When I started to open it (I was by the sink in the kitchen) it sounded like when you open pop (the gas escaping), so I was figuring yeah...its gone bad. So I was letting the gas out of the bottle and then the thing FREAKING EXPLODED!!! Orange juice that smelt like alcohol was EVERYWHERE and I do mean everywhere, on the ceiling, on the painting, all over the table and chairs on all the cupboards and about a litre all over the carpet!!! I guess luckily I had the laptop over on the couch and the bottle exploded towards the kitchen table and juice stayed away from the couch/TV part of the room. That was about 9am. So I sprang into action, again luckily, I was able to clean the walls and the painting right away (no stain) but then I had to take care of all the papers that were juice soaked, clean the entire kitchen, then clean the ceiling…and clean…and clean…and clean. I could not get the juice out of the carpet, so I hired a carpet cleaner. I cleaned all of the chairs as well and thank god we had got the fabric protection b/c I was able to scrub them and then vacuum them then wipe the legs, and they turned out fine. I was soooo tired…..I cleaned for about 6 hours. I guess our place is really clean now. hehehe

AND the moral of the story is: DON’T BUY ORANGE JUICE WITH PULP!

Oh and btw, when the juice exploded it was so loud that people actually opened their apartment doors so see what the noise was...

And no, I do not have any pictures of the distruction and mayhem, my first reaction to this crazy situation was not to document it...I went into problem solving Lisa. Oh and by the way, I too was drenched in fermented orange juice, I smelt just lovely :)

Just thought I would share this experience with you all so you can laugh at my expense. A little gift from me to you.

No comments: