Saturday, March 1, 2008

I am back to Auz and Malaria Free Hopefully......

Wow, typing that title just reminded me that I haven't taken my malaria pill today......whoops. I have to take them for seven days after I leave PNG so I will have to remember that.

I see that my lovely wife has been so busy that she hasn't had any time to blog.....bad wife. Which by the way the Canadian government finally recognizes us as married. Turns out our marriage license that Ian sent to the government got lost in the mail. Yes, apparently that actually can happen. Just before I left we finally got the rest of our furniture. There were a few small problems, nothing major but we did end up getting an extra side table out of the deal (thank you Lisa!). So here are some photos of the place.









Now we have gotten a few comments/complaints that although we are posting photos Lisa and I aren't in any of them. Well your point has been taken so here is a picture of Lisa.



The mask is a Papua New Guinea head mask from the Fly River region which is where the mine is located. I actually bought it in Cairns but I didn't really have a chance to do much shopping during my trip.

More photos of us are on the way. We are taking a little spontaneous vacation to the Gold Coast. We are renting a car in the city (gotta start driving some time) and heading out to Sea World (yes, my idea) and then spending the night at a hotel with an "ocean view" room and then heading to the beach on Monday. We are pretty excited about the trip and we will make sure to take some photos of us.

Well gotta a big day tomorrow. Cheers!

Rick

LP:We are not going to Sea world, we are going to Surfers Paradise, while yes, we will visit sea world (was there any doubt) we are going to be staying and visiting surfers paradise....just wanted to clear that up :)

1 comment:

Nickie said...

Have fun in surfer paradise!!! And make sure you post lots of pictures - it's been way too long since I've seen a really nice beach :)